Panopto is Emerson’s new media hosting platform. You can log-in to Panopto through Canvas, or by going to panopto.emerson.edu.
If you're logging into the iOS or Android Panopto App, the "host address" is: https://emerson.hosted.panopto.com. Use your Emerson username and password to log-in to Panopto.
Before using Panopto, please be sure that you (and your students) have clicked the Panopto button in any current Canvas course menu at least once. This automatically sets-up your permissions.
Training and migration information:
New Video Hosting Capabilities:
- Basic Recording (Mac)
- Basic Recording (Windows)
- Recording Student Presentations on your iOS Device with Panopto
- Screencasting with Panopto
Note: If asked to enter "server" when logging-in to the Panopto Recorder, enter "panopto.hosted.emerson.com." Your username and password are your Emerson account.
Uploading and Submitting:
- How to Upload Your Videos to Canvas Using Panopto
- Faculty Guide: How to Provision a Folder for Student Uploads and Viewing
- Faculty Guide: How to Create Assignments or Discussions in Canvas for Video Submission
- Student Guide: Submitting to Video Assignments or Discussions in Canvas
- How to Batch Upload Video Files
- Encoding with HandBreak for Panopto
- Navigating Folders in Panopto