If you're logging into the iOS or Android Panopto App, the "host address" is: https://emerson.hosted.panopto.com. Use your Emerson username and password to log-in to Panopto.
Before using Panopto, please be sure that you (and your students) have clicked the Panopto button in any current Canvas course menu at least once. This automatically sets-up your permissions.
Panopto uses unique vocabulary. Here are some helpful terms:
Session: A video
Creators: Instructors and TAs
Can Create: Can upload videos to a folder
Can View: Can view videos
Share: Give others permission to view a video, to view a folder's contents, or to upload to a folder
NOTE: "Sharing" a video allows others to access it, but does not necessarily send the video to them. After granting permission by sharing, you'll need to embed the video on a Canvas page, make a link to it available, or direct users to the video's Panopto folder. See this guide to sharing and this guide to embedding for details.
Training and migration information
- Faculty workshops and other ways to get in-person help
- Move Videos from Median to Panopto
- What is Panopto?
I am an instructor who wants to…
- Record Student Presentations on an iOS Device
- Upload Videos to Panopto
- Navigate Folders in Panopto
- Store Videos in My Folder
- Share Videos and Folders in Panopto
- Embed a Panopto Video in Canvas
- Embed a Panopto Video in WordPress
- Add Video Links to Canvas Modules
- Provision a Folder for Student Uploads and Viewing
- Create Assignments or Discussions in Canvas for Video Submission
- View and Grade Video Submissions
- Batch Upload Video Files
- Edit a Video
- Create and Share a Playlist
- Encode with HandBreak for Panopto
I am a student who wants to…
- Upload, Share, and Embed Video
- Submit to Video Assignments or Discussions in Canvas
- Take Notes in a Video
I am a staff member who wants to...
I want to learn about Panopto’s features:
- Record with Panopto (Windows)
- Record with Panopto (Mac)
- Screencast with Panopto
- iPad App Guide
- iPhone App Guide
- Android App Guide
- Search in Panopto
- Accessibility Features
I need more help!
- Try This First: Click the Panopto Button in Canvas
- Troubleshoot Panopto Viewing Issues
- See Panopto's support pages (not Emerson-specific, but helpful)
- Contact [email protected]