What is Zoom?
Zoom is a cloud-based video conferencing platform that allows you to make video calls and set up meetings quickly and easily from any web browser on any computer or mobile device. Zoom offers clear, crisp video and audio, and a wealth of communication and collaboration options, all at the click of a button.
Zoom offers a number of exciting features, including:
- High definition video, audio, and screen sharing
- Consistent, stable connectivity (no more dropped calls!)
- Chat and collaboration tools
- Single touch to start or join meetings -- just click the link and go!
- Consistent user experience across macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android platforms
And best of all, it is now free for Emerson faculty and staff!
How to Create a Free Zoom Account
- Go to the Emerson Zoom portal
- Select “Sign In”
- Log in with your Emerson username and password
This method will sign you up for a Basic Zoom account, the features of which can be found on this page.
Upgrade to a Zoom Pro Account
If you need expanded features and you would like to upgrade to a Zoom Pro account, please contact Media Services via a Support Ticket and include the following:
- Your Emerson username
- Your affiliation (staff or faculty, and department name)
- Your intended use of Zoom