Due to a Zoom update on November 21, 2021, some users who have scheduling privileges to setup Zoom meetings for other users have lost the ability to create those Zoom meetings in Google Calendar.
To fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Click on the small Zoom for G Suite icon on the right side of the Google Calendar page.
- Click the 3 vertical dots in the right corner of the sidebar and select Sign Out.
- Click Sign In in the sidebar.
- A pop-up will likely appear to re-authorize the app.
- Make sure there is a check in the box next to “Allow this App to access my shared permissions.”
- You will receive a confirmation email when you have reauthorized the add-on.
- Sign back into Zoom for G Suite and attempt to schedule.
You can learn more about the Zoom Shared Access Permissions and how this might impact other apps on your Zoom account here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/stay-up-to-date/announcements#shared-access