Submitting video in Canvas takes two steps: upload and embed.
When you embed a Panopto video in a Canvas course, any member of that course will be able to view that video!
1. Access Panopto through Canvas by clicking on Panopto in the lefthand course menu, or by going directly to panopto.emerson.edu.
2. Select My Folder from the folder dropdown menu.
3. After you’ve selected My Folder, click the purple Create button. Then, click Upload media.
4. Select your video using the file browser, or drag-and-drop it onto the upload window. Your video will then appear in My Folder and take a few moments to process. Your video is now uploaded.
NOTE: Your video must be in H.264 format and compressed for streaming.
5. Navigate to the assignment or discussion in Canvas. For assignments: click Submit Assignment at top right. For discussions: click Reply.
6. On the submission editing screen, under the Text Entry tab, you’ll see a rich text editor. Click the green Panopto button above the text entry box.
7. In the window that opens, select My Folder from the dropdown menu.
8. Under Choose, select the video you wish to embed, then click the purple Insert button at bottom right.
9. Your video will appear inside the text editor.
When you're ready to submit, click the blue Submit Assignment (or Post Reply in discussions) button under the editor to save. You're done!
NOTE: You can only submit one item at a time. If you need to submit both a Word document and video, simply paste the link to your video (found at the top of the video's Sharing Settings) into the word document you're submitting, and clearly label it for your instructor. Be sure to change the Sharing Settings so that "Anyone at your organization with the link" can view.