Enabling screen-sharing in your account
- Go to zoom.emerson.edu and Sign In
- Go to Settings on the left side
- Under In Meeting (Basic), look for the Screen-Sharing settings
- To turn on Screen-sharing, click the toggle next to it.
- Under Who Can Share, select Host Only or All Participants
Enabling screen-sharing in a Zoom meeting
- Once your Zoom meeting has started, look for the green arrow at the bottom of the Zoom window to use Screen-Sharing.
- To change screen-sharing settings while in the meeting, select the ^ next to Screen-Share.Here you can adjust who can screen-share and who can start sharing while someone else is sharing.
Using screen-share in the meeting
To start screen-sharing in a Zoom meeting, simply click the green icon at the bottom labeled Share Screen
Sharing a PowerPoint presentation
To screen share a PowerPoint presentation:
- Go to Share Screen in the Zoom call and select the window showing your PowerPoint presentation window.
- In PowerPoint, go to fullscreen. The fullscreen PowerPoint presentation is now viewable in Zoom.
Sharing Computer Sound and Optimizing for Video
- If you’re sharing any media with sound, make sure to check the box labeled Share Sound in the screen-share selection window.
- If you’re sharing a video, make sure to check the box labeled Optimize for video clip in the screen-share selection window.