Personal Canvas Time Zone
It is your responsibility to adjust your personal time zone in Canvas.
- Your Canvas Personal Time Zone is set to Eastern Time.
- Your Canvas course is automatically set to its campus' time zone.
- For Boston: Eastern Time (-05:00/-04:00)
- For LA: Pacific Time (-08:00/-07:00)
- For the Netherlands/Castle Program: Amsterdam (+01:00/+02:00)
- For Paris: Paris (+01:00/+02:00)
Updating your Account Settings to your local time zone will help you stay on track with assignments and due dates. If your time zone does not match the course’s time zone, you will see both your local time and the course time when you hover over a due date.
Zoom in Canvas Time Zones
Changing your time zone in your Canvas settings will adjust due dates for assignments and times for the events in your Canvas calendar (including calendar events for course Zoom meetings!)
However, Zoom also needs to know your personal time zone.
To ensure that you're seeing Zoom meeting times converted to your time zone, edit your time zone by visiting one of your course's Zoom pages in Canvas and clicking the small pencil icon next to time zone information:
Then, in the box that appears click on the dropdown menu to find and select your time zone; you can also type into the box to search for your time zone:
The changes you make to your Zoom in Canvas time zone in one course will be applied to all your courses.