To integrate Google and Canvas accounts, the most important thing is to make sure you integrate your Emerson google account, NOT your personal Gmail.
Steps to integrate services/accounts:
- (If necessary) Log out of personal Gmail.
- In Course Navigation, click the Collaborations link.
- To Start a new collaboration, click the drop-down menu and choose Google Docs for your new collaboration.
- Each collaborator will need to authorize Canvas access their Google account to use Google Docs to collaborate. Click 'Authorize Google Drive Access' and log into your Emerson Google drive.
- Google will ask you:
- Go ahead and allow access.
- And that's it - you are done! Start collaborating!
To create a collaboration document using Google Docs:
- Name the document.
- Create a description.
- Select collaborators.
- Click the Start Collaborating button.
You can view the newly created document in a new browser window.
Another benefit of integrating G Suite for Education with Canvas is that you can now submit assignments via GoogleDocs! You can find out how in this Canvas Guide.
Images borrowed from Canvas Guides.