Faculty can use the Canvas SpeedGrader to make inline comments on student papers.
To access your assignment's comments, navigate to your course
- Click on Grades and then on the graded assignment to see the Submission Details view
- Alternatively, click on Assignments (if applicable), then go to the newly graded assignment.(Note: Some instructors may hide "Assignments" from the course menu, so try to access the assignments from the "Module" tab)
- Next, click on View Feedback to see the annotations and comments made on your assignment
- This will open the Submission Details window. Note - you can start a one-on-one conversation with your professor via the comments area
You can download a file with the inline comments by clicking the download icon
If an assignment has a rubric, a rubric icon will display on the right.
- To open the rubric results, click the rubric icon
- You can also view rubric results in your assignment page by clicking View Rubric Evaluation
- If your instructor left comments in the rubric, an Additional Comments icon will appear under points
Images borrowed from Canvas Guides