Did you accidentally delete something in Canvas? If so, you may be able to recover it. Here is what to do:
- From within your Canvas course, go to the url area of your browser and look for the course ID number. This is a six digit number that comes after the "https://canvas.emerson.edu/courses/"
- Once you've located the course ID number, remove everything in the address following it except for the backslash (/) and type in the word "undelete." The new url will look something like this: https://canvas.emerson.edu/courses/861221/undelete
- Press Return.
- A series of recently deleted items will appear and give you the option to restore!
According to the Canvas community forums, there are a few caveats to using this command:
- It is not fully supported and does not work 100% of the time.
- Only the last 25 items will show up on the restore list.
- If you restore a quiz that had student submissions, you need to make sure to restore the assignment as well, or else the submissions will not be restored.
If something is not showing up on the restore page, it's best to submit a ticket as there are additional things the technical support team can do. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the "Help" link in the upper right hand corner when you're in Canvas.