Live sessions (via Zoom)
We will continue to offer faculty development opportunities on a variety of tech topics. Each session below links to a Google Calendar event that can be added to your personal calendar. It includes a Zoom link for each event. You can also self-enroll in our accompanying Canvas course for Zoom links and reminders, as well as supplemental resources for each session.
Schedule of Sessions
See our Session Descriptions page for a summary of each session.
- Thursday 6/17, 12-1pm ET - Creating Accessible Canvas Content
- Tuesday 6/22, 11am-12pm ET - Advanced Panopto
- Wednesday 6/30, 12-1:30pm ET - Premiere Rush
- Wednesday 7/14, 12-1pm ET - Canvas Quizzes
- Monday 7/19, 12-1pm ET - Canvas Basics
- Monday 7/26, 11:30am-12:30pm ET - Building Community: Low-Stakes Tasks
- Friday 7/30, 12-1:30pm ET - Panopto Basics
- Thursday 8/5, 11am-12pm ET - Canvas Basics
- Monday 8/9, 12-1pm ET - Canvas Basics
- Tuesday 8/24, 10:30am-12pm ET - Panopto Basics
- Wednesday 8/25, 12-1pm ET - Tidying Up Canvas
Enroll in self-guided courses
- This course will walk you through how to meet Emerson's accessibility guidelines! It covers the process of acquiring and creating course materials, fair use decision-making, and the basics of creating accessible content for online learning.
- All the materials from this summer's live course for you to read at your leisure. Go beyond the basics! This self-guided course is for faculty who want to know more about Canvas notifications and announcements, the Gradebook, the Scheduler, holding virtual office hours, the Teacher App, Groups, and Peer Review.
- This self-guided course covers various strategies and technical tips for designing online courses with Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in mind, including illustrating your course content via multiple media, scaffolding assessments to provide low-stakes opportunities for practice, and inviting students to showcase the skills and knowledge they bring in online spaces.
- Build Your Canvas Course in 5 Steps
- Best Practices for Teaching and Learning With Zoom
- Tips for Holding Virtual Office Hours with Zoom
- Online Library Resources for Teaching
- Course Reserves
- Accessing Emerson Services from Other Countries
- Emerson VPN (to access Isilon)
- Connect to your desk phone remotely
- Troubleshooting your home Wi-Fi
- Software for Personal Devices