Getting started with your Emerson Account
Your Emerson account is how you access campus computers and networked services. Your account username is most likely in the form of your firstname_lastname. Your password is something only you know.
These credentials grant you access to the following (and more):
- Internet connections via Ethernet and wireless
- Emergency notification system
- Emerson Gmail, the College-provided email
- Google Apps for Education @ Emerson
- Median, Emerson’s media-sharing service
- Box, for file storage in the cloud
- Computer lab workstations and kiosks
- Library database resources
eCommon is the portal for managing your life at Emerson, providing access to:
- your schedule, registration, and grades
- billing, financial aid, and holds
- meal plan selection
- workshops, events, college news and announcements
- student life information
- academic department and advisor contact information
- emergency contact designation (whom the school contacts if you have an emergency)
Because eCommon lets you access important personal information, be sure to log out when you are done!
At Emerson, you can connect to the internet via our wireless or wired Ethernet networks. See these instructions for our wireless network.
Need to plug in? Use the purple Ethernet jacks located in dorm rooms and common areas.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem, let us know!
Your Emerson email
Now that you're one of us, you have an Emerson Gmail account. Your address is your Emerson username followed by @emerson.edu (so usually: email@example.com), and your password is your Emerson Account password.
Whatever you do, make sure to check your Emerson Gmail regularly–this is how most people at the school will try to contact you!