Getting started with your Emerson Account
Your Emerson account is how you access campus computers and networked services. Your account username is most likely in the form of your firstname_lastname. Your password is something only you know.
These credentials grant you access to the following (and more):
- Internet connections via Ethernet and wireless
- Emergency notification system
- Emerson Gmail, the College-provided email
- Panopto, Emerson’s media-sharing service
- Box, for file storage in the cloud
- Computer lab workstations and kiosks
- Library database resources
- Xfinity On Campus
If at any point you need to change or reset your password, visit myaccount.emerson.edu.
Your Emerson Email
Your Emerson email address is your Emerson username followed by @emerson.edu (so usually: email@example.com), and your password is your Emerson Account password.
Check your email at gmail.emerson.edu, or add it to the email application on your mobile device or computer. By using your Emerson account and email address, you agree to comply with all applicable IT policies, including the Electronic Resources Acceptable Use Policy, which details your responsibilities in using Emerson email.
For those community members permitted to forward email, they may do so with Google's email forwarding instructions.
eCommon, also known as Banner, is the portal for managing your life at Emerson, providing access to:
- your schedule, registration, and grades
- billing, financial aid, and holds
- meal plan selection
- workshops, events, college news and announcements
- student life information
- academic department and advisor contact information
- emergency contact designation (whom the school contacts if you have an emergency)
Because eCommon lets you access important personal information, be sure to log out when you are done!
Workday is the HR, Finance, and Payroll system for the college. For help submitting/approving time, managing budgets, or anything related to finance/payroll, visit finance.emerson.edu. For help with recruiting, benefits, or anything related to HR, visit hr.emerson.edu.
At Emerson, you can connect to the internet via our wireless or wired Ethernet networks. Please see our guide on Connecting to Emerson's Wi-Fi for assistance.
Need to plug in? Use the purple Ethernet jacks located in dorm rooms in the following buildings:
- Piano Row
- and most building common areas
Still need tech help?
For all technical support, submit a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.