The Skillshare online learning platform offers thousands of on-demand classes and accompanying materials on a wide range of skills to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Topics include business, software, technology, and creative skills. Software tutorials include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, programming languages, basic computer skills, and much more.
Emerson offers a limited number of Skillshare licenses to faculty and students in Emerson courses that use Skillshare classes as course content.
Requesting Skillshare accounts for yourself and your students
- Reach out to ITG (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-824-8090) to let us know you’re interested in making Skillshare available to your students. We will set you up with an account for just yourself first. Look around the Skillshare library to see if there might be anything you’d want to assign in your course(s).
- Please let your students know that if they already have personal (non-Emerson) Skillshare accounts, they should follow these steps to associate their Emerson email address with their personal account. This will ensure that they aren't paying for Skillshare while they have access through Emerson. Students with personal Skillshare accounts must do this before ITG sends their invitations.
- Once students have updated email addresses on their accounts as needed, email us again so that we can send out invitations to your students. Please allow a one-week turnaround time from when student accounts are requested to when they are created.
- All students will receive an email prompting them to finish setting up their Skillshare account by setting a password. Let your students know to check their email for this notification and send them this guide that will help them access their accounts.
- Reach out to ITG again if your course roster changes after making the first batch of student accounts. If a student drops your course, we’ll deactivate their Skillshare account to free up another license for a different student. If a student adds your course, we’ll create an account for them so they can gain access.
Student Skillshare licenses expire at the end of each semester. Faculty Skillshare licenses will remain active until you leave the College or until the account is no longer needed.