We deliver several remote applications via Microsoft Remote Desktop. Most notably, “Avaya Agent Desktop” for call center Mac OS users. This platform replaces Parallels 2x which will no longer be supported as of 8/30/2021.
- For this install and If you are accessing Microsoft Remote Desktop from off-campus, make sure to connect to the VPN first.
- If you are installing this on an Emerson-managed machine yourself, you will require either Administrator privileges or assistance from a Help Desk technician.
For Emerson-managed Macs
- Click on the Emerson IT Self-Service Icon on your Mac’s launchpad.
- Log in with your Emerson credentials.
- Enter “Microsoft Remote Desktop” in the search bar in the upper left-hand corner, then click Install on the app.
- Open up the application and click Workspaces at the top of the screen, then click “Add Workspace”.
- In “Add Workspace”, only type: anywhere.emerson.edu to see the following:
- Click the drop down next to User Account and select “Add User Account.” Enter your Emerson credentials, an optional “Friendly Name” and click “Add.”
- Click “Add” on the next screen and the new Workspace will appear.
- The remote applications should then pop up in a new window, including apps like Avaya Agent Desktop and Internet Explorer. Please note: these apps may take a moment to load on the first try.
- To return to the applications, open up Microsoft Remote Desktop via your Dock or Launchpad.
For Personal Macs
Please connect to the Emerson VPN before starting the install
- Open up the App Store on your Mac.
- Search for Microsoft Remote Desktop in the search bar in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Click Get next to Microsoft Remote Desktop to install the application.
- Open up the application and click Workspaces at the top of the screen, then click Add Workspace.
- In the Add Workspace pane, only type: anywhere.emerson.edu to see the following:
- Click the drop down next to User Account and select Add User Account. Enter your Emerson credentials (firstname_lastname), an optional Friendly Name and click Add.
- The remote applications available to you should then populate in a new window, including apps like IBM SPSS, Avaya Agent Desktop, and Internet Explorer. Please note: these apps may take a moment to load.
- Double-click an application to launch it -- you may be prompted to enter your Emerson credentials again to authenticate.
- To return to the applications at any time, open up Microsoft Remote Desktop via your Dock or Launchpad.
For Call Center Admin for Managers and Supervisors, click here.