Congratulations on your new Mac computer!
Before continuing you must have an Emerson College Duo account set up. If you have not set up your Duo account yet please do so before setting up your computer.
Please use the steps below to set up your machine:
- Turn on the computer using the Power button.
- Select your language.
- Select your wireless network and, if necessary, enter your network password.
- You will come to a remote management screen, please hit Continue once it has loaded.
- A Duo login screen will appear. On the Duo login screen please enter your Emerson username (firstname_lastname) and password.
- Make sure to have your 2nd factor of authentication available (typically your cell phone) and send yourself either a call, text, or Duo Push notification.
- The Remote Management page will appear again and run through a process to finalize the enrollment. No interaction is needed.
- A screen will appear to choose your time zone. At the top check off the box that says Set time zone automatically using current location. A screen will appear—click Turn on Location Services.
- Hit Continue.
- The computer will begin setup. During this step, you will not need to interact with the screen.
If there is a brief pause showing the Catalina login screen—do not log in yet.
- Wait until all of the programs listed to the right of the screen have installed. Green checkmarks should appear next to each item Once all items are checked off hit the Restart button below the list of programs.
- Let everything finalize and when the Catalina login screen appears again you should be able to log into your account. Your computer is now ready to use!