We deliver several remote applications via Parallels Client. Most notably, Avaya Desktop Agent for call center agents is Windows only and we have Mac OS users who require access.
- If you are accessing Parallels Client from off-campus, make sure to connect to the VPN first.
- If you are installing this on an Emerson-managed machine yourself, you will require either Administrator privileges or assistance from a Help Desk technician.
- Download the Parallels Client at https://www.parallels.com/products/ras/download/client/. If you're a Mac user, click the Mac tab to access the installer. Windows users will choose Parallels Client (Windows) 64-bit Setup.
- Run the installer and follow the prompts.
- Click File > New Connection and select Parallels Remote Application Server.
- For server, type 2xapp.emerson.edu, connection mode as Gateway Mode. Friendly name can be anything you'd like. Then click Advanced Settings.
- Put your Emerson username and password in the required fields. Click Save Password, and put in EMERSON as the domain. Check Auto-Start. On Mac, if it asks for access to your home folder, you can cancel.
- You'll now see a variety of apps granted to you (such as Avaya Desktop Agent). Simply double-click and you'll have your application!