PrinterLogic is a managed printing solution that Emerson College has implemented. This app allows staff and faculty more autonomy with adding printers to their devices, and has allowed us to implement a clearer naming system for printers, troubleshoot remotely without always needing to visit in person, track the volume of printer usage across campus, and be notified of critical errors as they occur.
IT staff will not be able to view the contents of what is being printed.
If you are staff or faculty and using an Emerson-owned laptop and desktop computer, PrinterLogic will be installed automatically. To add printers to your device, follow the instructions below. You can also install PrinterLogic on a personal device if you bring one to campus and need to print.
Adding a Printer on an Emerson Owned Device
If you are using an Emerson owned device, then you should already have the PrinterLogic application installed in your task bar along with the PrinterLogic Extension in your Chrome and Firefox browsers.
If you don't see those installed, please reach out to the Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org with your Emerson inventory C-Tag number, so that we can remotely send the application to your device.
- Open Chrome or Firefox and go to https://printerlogic.emerson.edu in your browser window.
- This should open a window in your browser that lists all the campus buildings. Click on your building and your floor.
This will open a page that shows a floor plan with printer icons to represent the printers located in your area. If you scroll to the bottom, you can also select printers from a list. They will have a naming system similar to PK-019, PK-021. (We will be going around and affixing a label to each printer so that if you're on campus and walk up to the printer, you'll know which one you are adding.)
Once you decide which printer to add, click Install Printer.
- You'll be asked to confirm the installation. Click Yes. You can also set that particular printer as default if you'd like.
- The installer will run and show progress. When it's complete, you should receive a message that the printer installed successfully. Click OK.
Installing the PrinterLogic browser extension on Safari
The PrinterLogic browser extension for Chrome and Firefox should be installed automatically on your Emerson device. If your use Safari as your default browser, follow the steps below to get set up:
- Click the Safari menu at the top left corner, and select Preferences.
- Select Extensions, then search for the PrinterLogic Extension in the list, and check the box to enable.
Adding a Printer on a Personal Device
If you are using a personal device (not owned by Emerson), but are on campus and need to print to a staff or faculty printer:
- On your computer, open your Chrome browser.
- Type or copy this URL into the address field: https://printerlogic.emerson.edu
- NOTE: you will need to be connected to the Emerson network in order to navigate to this URL.
- Once you have navigated to https://printerlogic.emerson.edu you will be asked to install the PrinterLogic Client. Follow the on-screen instructions for installation and once complete, refresh the webpage.
- You will then be prompted to install the PrinterLogic Chrome Extension. Follow the on-screen instructions and once complete, refresh the webpage.
- Now follow the instructions above to locate your printer and add it to your device.