Due to a recent change in account settings, some users who have their @emerson.edu accounts synced with Google Chrome have received the following notification:
Profile will be deleted
Your account email@example.com is no longer allowed as the primary account. Because this account is managed by emerson.edu, your bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings will be cleared from this device.
As ominous as this message may sound, have no fear! Your data is backed up in Google's cloud and it will just take a few steps to get you up and running again.
Please follow the steps below to sync your Emerson GMail account back to Chrome:
- Click on your account icon in the upper right-hand corner and then click the gear in the pop-up menu:
- In the window that opens, press the three dots on the top corner of your profile picture:
- Click "Remove this person"
- Your account will be logged out after it is removed. In the new Chrome window that opens, click sign-in:
- At this point, you should log into your Emerson Google account normally (including Duo authentication). When prompted to link your bookmarks, etc. to your Emerson email address, press "Link Data."
This should get your account back up and running complete with history and bookmarks!
If you run into any issues please feel free to give a call to the Help Desk at (617) 824-8080.