NOTE: Lynda.com transitioned to LinkedIn Learning on December 22, 2018. This is the most current guide.
The LinkedIn Learning online training library (formerly Lynda.com) offers thousands of self-paced video tutorials and accompanying materials on a wide range of skills to help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Topics include business, software, technology, and creative skills. Software tutorials include Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, programming languages, basic computer skills, and much more.
These resources are available to all active Emerson students, faculty, and staff for free!
- Access your LinkedIn Learning account via:
- I already paid for my own Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning account!
- Go to linkedinlearning.emerson.edu. Enter your Emerson email address in the text box that appears, then click Continue.
- Log into DUO with your Emerson username and password.
- The first time you log in, LinkedIn Learning will prompt you for your job title. If you don't wish to enter it, click Skip.
- It will prompt you to enter the skills that interest you. You can enter text (if the text entered matches one of the existing skills listed), or click one or more skills to select them. After selecting at least one skill, click Continue.
- You can now access the entire LinkedIn Learning library and practice files from anywhere you have internet, either via the website or the mobile app.
The screenshot below shows the LinkedIn Learning dashboard you'll arrive at after logging in. Use Browse to browse content categories, In Progress to resume content you've begun, and Saved to view your saved content.
When you log-in to the LinkedIn Learning mobile app, you'll first need to indicate that you're signing in with an Emerson account.
- Open the app and tap Sign in with your organization portal.
- Enter "emerson.edu" and tap Sign in with your organization portal again.
- When prompted, click Continue. Your device will open a browser window with the Emerson log-in page. Enter your Emerson credentials and tap Log in.
- When asked for your job title, you can tap Skip. When asked which skills interest you, select at least one, then tap Continue.
This takes you to the mobile LinkedIn Learning dashboard, where you can browse, search, and retrieve your content.
First, follow the instructions above to log-in to your Emerson LinkedIn Learning account.
Then, submit a LinkedIn support case by following these steps:
- Sign in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click Contact us at the bottom of the page.
- Select Get help from us from the available options.
- Type a brief description of your situation, asking LinkedIn to cancel your individual account.
- Click Next and answer all questions with an * next to them at the bottom of the page.
- Click Submit. One of LinkedIn's Customer Service representatives will reply to you.
You can also find LinkedIn-related support at the LinkedIn Help Center.
Have more questions? Click "Submit a Ticket" above!