All offices at Emerson have printers that are a part of the Emerson network. This makes it possible to add them to your computer wirelessly as long as you're connected to the Emerson network (either by ethernet or eduroam). You'll find the instructions for adding printers in this article. To add Konica copiers, see here.
Adding Printers on a Mac
The easiest and preferred way to add a printer to a Mac is by using the Emerson IT Self Service app. This makes it possible to literally install the printer with one click. If your office computer doesn't have Self Service, please put in a ticket here or call the Help Desk extension x8080 so we can enroll it for you!
Emerson IT Self Service:
- Open up Self Service from your Applications folder and sign in.
- On the left-hand side, click "Printers"
- The printers listed are the printers registered to your department. Choose whichever ones you want and click "Install."
- That's it! You can now print to those printers
Adding printers on Windows
Windows does not support the Self Service app. Because of this, the method of adding printers is a little more complicated. Contact the Help Desk at extension x8080 or submit a ticket here.
Use the print server:
- At Emerson we use a server to store all of our printers called Sofie. This makes it much easier to add printers while on the Emerson network and is highly recommended over installing your printers manually. If you have a printer but you can't find it in Sofie, please put in a ticket so that we can add it!
- Open a File Explorer window and type
\\sofiein the file path field.
- Press enter and you will see a large list of printers.
- Click View > Details for a cleaner layout to find the copier you need.
- The printers are usually named by department and printer type (BW or Color laser jet).
- Double-click on the printer you want and it will install the driver on your computer
- You can now print to that printer!