The Custom Twitter Feeds plugin is the easiest way to embed a Twitter feed of a user's timeline or hashtag on your blog.
Setting Up the Custom Twitter Feeds Plugin
- On the blog where you want to set up your Twitter Feed, go to your Dashboard, then choose Plugins from the menu on the left.
- Under the Social Category (or if you just scroll down a bit) you will see Custom Twitter Feeds. Activate this plugin.
- You should now see a new item at the bottom of your lefthand dashboard menu: Twitter Feeds, with a bluebird icon to its left. Click it to access your feed's settings.
- Follow these instructions to finish setting up your feed. You'll need to log-in to Twitter when prompted, so create an account first if need be.
If you don't want to use the provided shortcode to embed the feed on a page or post, you can also use a Widget:
- Back in the lefthand menu, hover over Appearance and choose Widgets from its submenu.
- On your Widgets page, Available Widgets are listed alphabetically on the left, and the Sidebar(s) to which the widgets can be added are listed on the right.
- Grab the box labeled Custom Twitter Feeds and drag it over to your sidebar of choice. You may give it a title if you wish. Otherwise, it's ready-to-go based on the settings you entered while setting up the feed.
- If you'd like more than one twitter feed, drag over another copy of the Custom Twitter Feeds box from the Available Widgets area to a different sidebar. This widget allows for multiple instances.
If you need assistance at any step of the way, please contact [email protected].