The Custom Twitter Feeds Pro plugin is the easiest way to embed a Twitter feed of a user's timeline or hashtag on your blog.
Setting Up the Custom Twitter Feeds Pro Plugin
- Find and click on Twitter Feeds at the bottom of your lefthand dashboard menu.
- Click the Configure tab (if not already there).
- Click the large blue Log in to Twitter and get my Access Token and Secret button.
- You’ll be redirected to Twitter. Log in to your Twitter account (create an account first if necessary), then click Authorize app to authorize the plugin. Please note that this plugin cannot post to, edit, or update your account in any way.
- Your Access Token, Secret, and screen name should automatically appear on the Configure tab's form. Click Save Changes.
- Use this form's settings to display Tweets from any screen name, your home timeline, hashtags, or other search operators such as @mentions and filters.
- Click on the Customize and Style tabs to find more options for customizing your feed.
- When you're done making changes, click the Display Your Feed tab. Copy and paste the provided shortcode into the editor of any page, post, or widget where you'd like the feed to display.
If you don't want to use the shortcode to embed the feed on a page or post, you can also use a Widget:
- Back in the lefthand menu, hover your mouse over Appearance and choose Widgets from its submenu.
- On your Widgets page, Available Widgets are listed alphabetically on the left, and the areas to which the widgets can be added are listed on the right.
- Grab the box labeled Custom Twitter Feeds and drag it over to your area of choice. You may give it a title if you wish. Otherwise, it's ready-to-go based on the settings you entered while setting up the feed.
- If you'd like more than one Twitter feed, drag over another copy of the Custom Twitter Feeds box from the Available Widgets area to a different area. This widget allows for multiple instances.
- The License field in the plugin's settings can remain blank.
- Custom Twitter Feeds Pro has many other useful features you can read about, including multiple different feeds, advanced search-based feeds, rotating carousels, and pop-up media lightboxes.
If you need assistance at any step of the way, please contact ITG@emerson.edu.