Median is Emerson’s video hosting solution.
Median allows you to upload videos, audio clips, or images. You can share it with the general public, the Emerson community, or restrict to specific users (such as a class!), but you always retain your copyright. Median also hosts live streams of events. Video files (MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPG), audio files (MP3), image files (JPG, GIF, PNG), and document files (DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PDF, TXT, RTF) are all accepted.
How do I log into Median?
Go to median.emerson.edu and log in with your Emerson username and password. (Note: If you are already logged into Canvas, Word, or Google @ Emerson, you will automatically be logged into Median.
How do I learn more about Median?
Documentation on how to use Median can be found on Median’s Help page at the following link: http://median.emerson.edu/help/
You can also schedule a one-on-one training with ITG. To do so, contact us with your availability at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-824-8090.
If you need help with Median here is a list of what's supported:
- Uploading video, audio, or documents.
- Organizing entries by course, group, category, playlist, event, or user.
- Sharing entries via embeddable HTML code.
- Restricting entries to course, group, or user.
- Live streaming events.
- There's a lot more.
- Outside service integration via Median's API.
- Special uploading workflows based on curricular or extracurricular need.
- Internet Explorer works for most of Median's functionality, but not all.
- Playback is supported on mobile devices for certain entries.
- Uploading content via mobile device.
- Video that is encoded using proprietary formats like XDCAM, ProRes, etc.
- Users are encouraged to use the Fair Use utility to ascertain whether their content follows copyright restrictions and fair use guidelines.