While most of our mediated classrooms and labs have been upgraded with high-definition projectors, some standard-definition projectors still remain.
Because projecting to these from a widescreen computer can result in image distortion, lectern computers connected to these projectors have been set to a 4:3 aspect ratio.
If this setting is somehow thrown off, returning to a 4:3 ratio is easy. Here's how:
- Choose > System Preferences
- Click Displays
Mirror your display on the projector:
- Select the Arrangement tab
- Check the box next to Mirror Displays
Tip: Press Command-F1 on the keyboard to toggle display mirroring
Set the optimal resolution:
- Select the Display tab of either window
- Set the Optimize for: menu to VGA Display
- Select the Scaled radio button
- Click 1280 x 1024, then press OK
Tip: If display mirroring is off, steps 5–8 will need to be done in both the iMac and theVGA Display window