After you create a MetroFax Account, you need to add at least one email address for sending faxes and one email address for receiving addresses. These can be the same address or different ones.
By default, whatever email you signed up with is set to send and receive faxes. To change this:
- Log in to Metrofax at http://myaccount.metrofax.com. Your username is 1 + your seven-digit MetroFax phone number—not the fax number your department uses, but the one MetroFax assigned you. Your password is the four-digit PIN you picked. MetroFax emailed this information to you.
- Once logged in, click on Update Account.
- You will see a list of settings for your MetroFax account. Click the Edit button next to Send Email Address.
- Enter your department's faxing email address in the first box and click the Update button.
- Do the same for Receive Email Address.
Now that you configured your email address, you can test your faxing email address by adding it in Gmail and sending an email to (your MetroFax number)@metrofax.com. You can also try sending a fax from your physical machine to your MetroFax number if it is still functional.
Still need tech help?
For all technical support, submit a ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.