Connecting your Android device to the eduroam network requires a one-time setup. After these steps, your Android will connect automatically wherever eduroam is available.
Connecting to the Wireless Network
- Begin by opening the Settings app on your device.
- Under the Wireless & Networks section in Settings, select Wi-Fi, then select eduroam from the list of available networks.
- An authentication panel will pop up. Fill in the following:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Identity: your Emerson username (including @emerson.edu, which is required for eduroam)
- Password: your Emerson password
- Domain (if prompted): emerson.edu
- Press Save (or Connect, depending on your device.)
Your device will send authentication information to and gather certificate information from our wireless authentication server, clearpass.emerson.edu. You may be prompted to allow this connection. Do not accept connections to any other server name.
Once it's completed (in a moment or two), you will be connected.