1. Go to your Canvas course and click on Panopto. This will take you to your course folder. OR, you can go to panopto.emerson.edu, which will take you directly to My Folder.
2. Click the title of the folder (in Canvas, it will be your course’s name) to the right of the grey folder icon. You will be offered a dropdown menu of folders to which you have access. Click My Folder. This is your personal Panopto folder, and videos in it are private until you embed them in Canvas or share them.
NOTE: If you're teaching an online course, please upload to the folder ITG created for you. You can find it in the "Online Courses" folder. It will be called "[course #] - [last name]."
Next, click on the purple Create button and select "Upload media.” You will then be prompted to upload a video. All videos uploaded to Panopto have to be compressed for streaming (H.264/MP4).
Your video is now uploaded!
If you'd like, you can embed the video in Canvas:
- In your Canvas course, go to text editor of any assignment/discussion/page.
- Click on the green “Panopto” icon.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the folder to which you uploaded your video. You can either “Choose” a video from your folder, "Upload" a video, or “Record” a new video.
- After “choose/upload/record,” click the “Insert” button on the lower right.
- Save the Assignment/Discussion/Page along with other settings.