While we strongly recommend using the Gmail web interface to access your Emerson Gmail, you may find you prefer to use an email client. Apple Mail and Windows Mail can be suitable clients.
- When you first launch Apple Mail, you will see an option to choose the account provider. (If this option does not automatically show, choose Mail > Add Account... from the menu bar.) Select Google and click Continue:
- Next you will be brought to the Google Sign-In screen. Here you will enter your Emerson email address including @emerson.edu (email@example.com) and click Next:
- The next screen will be the Duo (Emerson's Single Sign-On Service) login screen. Enter your Emerson Username (firstname_lastname, without @emerson.edu) and your password. Click Log In.
- Finally, just select the apps you want to use (most people will probably use Mail, Contacts, and Calendar). Your Emerson Gmail account is now set up within Apple Mail!
- Upon opening Windows Mail, click Add account:
- You will then be asked to select what type of account you are adding. Select Google:
- Type in your Emerson email address and select next:
- The next screen will be the Duo (Emerson's Single Sign-On Service) login screen. Enter your Emerson Username (firstname_lastname, without @emerson.edu) and your password. Click Log in.
- Type in the name you want displayed (most likely yours) and click Sign in:
- Your email has now been added to Windows Mail. Click Go to inbox: