Some people might find themselves wanting to use an email client. While the Gmail web interface is recommended, Apple Mail and Windows Mail can also be suitable clients.
- When you first launch Apple Mail, you will see an option to choose the account provider. (If this option does not automatically show, choose Mail > Add Account... from the menu bar.) Select Google and hit Continue.
- Next you will be brought to the Google Sign-In screen. Here you will enter your Emerson email address including @emerson.edu (email@example.com) and click Next.
- The next screen will be the Duo (Emerson's Single Sign-On Service) login screen. Enter your Emerson Username (firstname_lastname, without @emerson.edu) and your password. Click Log In.
- Finally, just select the apps you want to use (most people will probably use Mail, Contacts, and Calendar). Your Emerson Gmail account is now setup within Apple Mail!
- Upon opening Windows Mail, simple click Add account.
- You will then be asked to select what type of account you are adding. Select Google.
- Next type in your email and select next.
- The next screen will be the Duo (Emerson's Single Sign-On Service) login screen. Enter your Emerson Username (firstname_lastname, without @emerson.edu) and your password. Click Log in.
- Type in the name you want displayed (most likely yours) and click Sign in.
- Your email has now been added to Windows Mail, choose Go to inbox.